Partnerships and Collaborations
The South Asia Studies Initiative at the University of California, Santa Cruz seeks collaboration with organizations that extend its mission, deepen ties with the South Asia community, and promote research and education.
The South Asia Studies Initiative has strong committed partnerships with several pre-eminent organizations including:
- Faculty links with
- The India Community Center in Milpitas, California
- The Indus Entrepreneurs
- Indian Institutes of Technology, Indian Institutes of Management, Indian Institutes of Science
- Many major research institutions in India for educational partnerships and research collaborations
- As well as collaborative efforts supported by California's state government
- The UC Santa Cruz Indian Student Organization(ISO) at the University of California at Santa Cruz
- Involvement of a number of prominent Americans of South Asian heritage in the UCSC Foundation
- Commitment of top leadership, including trips to India by a former Chancellor and several Deans
Collaboration with India Community Center (ICC)
This collaboration has been effective since March 2009.
The UC Santa Cruz South Asia Studies Initiave has organized major speaker events at the India Community Center which provided comprehensive perspectives on the future of India. The India Community Center, a non-profit organization, and hosted lectures/discussions on varied topics including international relations and current developments in India by inviting eminent speakers. As partners, our organizations have agreed to work together to share speakers and their venues to offer joint programs on a selective basis, thus enlarging our reach and benefiting the community in both Santa Cruz and Silicon Valley. The organizations mutually decide the modalities of each event and the financial arrangements on a case to case basis.